The Journey ....(contd.)
I turned back to see a very beautiful girl smiling at me. She had a great smile with dimples on her cheeks ... :) .. The first thought that came to my mind was .. "oh wow!!" :). I managed to get a "yes" out of my mouth.
She said "Hi, i have the reservation for no. 56 but the fan up there is quite noisy. Do you mind if i sit here?"
She was pointing at the seat opposite to me. I said "Ohh ya that was you .. ohh i mean ..i .. i heard the sound of the fan .... sure .. you can sit here .. i dont mind ". (Mind ... my foot .. i'd love that :D). She went back to her seat, got her bags. I helped her put the bags under the seat and then we settled down. She thanked me, gave that great smile once again and started reading a novel which she took out of her hand bag.
I too got back to the article about ash and abhishek. It was hard to concentrate. I wanted to talk to her but she had got immersed in the book and was not even looking up. I was silently admiring her beauty.. she was fair, had hair reaching her shoulders and had left it open. She was wearing a white frilled skirt with some floral pattern and a pink top on that. I thought she would be around the same age as me hoping that she wud be younger :D .. there was only one way to know, the reservation chart!!!. I decided, i wud have a look at that at the next station. I suddenly felt that i was dressed very shabbily. I was cursing myself for that.. but hold on .. y was i feeling bad .. i dint even know the girls name .. :)) ... i remembered the scene from dhoom where uday chopra imagines his future with every girl who speaks to him. Without realizing I laughed out aloud.
She looked up at me and said "Sorry, did you say anything?"
i said "ohh nothing ... i was just reading some joke" .. luckily, she dint ask me what the joke was. She started reading the book again.
I asked her ... "are you going to Chennai?". She said "Yes... and you?"
"Ohh ya, i am going to chennai too"
She said "by the way, i am puja"..
i said "hey puja, i am lalith. Nice meeting you" .. a common name .. i thought..
i said "so, what do you do?"
she said "i am working in infy .. i mean .. infosys, hyderabad"
i said "ohh ok. I work for a company called sierra atlantic at hyderabad"
she said "ahan. so .. why are you going to chennai?"
i said "official trip" and gave a dumb smile .. as if i was the only person who goes on official trips...i said " and you?"
she said "i am just going to meet my aunt"
i said "ok.. great"
thats it .. i dint know what to talk after that .. and from the look on her face .. i knew she dint know what to say too. I dunno y i did that, but i simply took out my visiting card and handed it over to her.
she said "thanks" and the same smile again .. god .. thank you so much for making my wish come true .. :D
she said "hmm .. Lalith Devulapalli, the name sounds familiar"
i said "ohh"
(to be continued .... sorry people .. its getting longer than i thought ... :D .. and i am not copying from chetan bhagat .. please ... )


7 Comments:
Lalith sir ur getting to be quite the master @ this thing.. wat I wud like to know is that is this piece of conversation fictional or.....
I hope for u that its not.. and that the visiting card will result in a call.... and eagerly waiting for the third insatllment of the same.
:) .. its neither completely true nor completely fictional ..
This comment has been removed by the author.
Im sure all of us want to know regarding the true parts
So which station did you get down to look at the reservation chart, again ? ;)
The journey is getting interesting...
This comment has been removed by the author.
We want the next part
Post a Comment
<< Home