strange ....
it was my first trip to the US. I was there on a business visit. I was looking around for any trace of my friends and there i found them, the bunch of people waving at me ... yes .. it was so good to see them.. :)
After hugging each other, passing comments on each of us getting fat by the day, we started out of the airport . All thru the way, we were cracking jokes on each other, laughing out aloud, it was like being back to college again .
Then suddenly my phone started ringing, it was my manager informing me that due to some unforseen problems i had to go bac to india immediately. All went silent at once. The glee, the happiness, everything vanished. We started back to the airport. Again the phone was ringing ... tringgggg ....
and i woke up... yes.. it was a dream ..which was disturbed by an early morning phone call for my dad ...
I generally dont remember my dreams. But this one, it had some odd effect on me. I felt strange for sometime afterwards. A gloomy start to the day till i went to the office and started work . I felt a bit disappointed for no reason. Once the work started I was back to normal.
What got me thinking was the dream itself. How meaningless dreams can be. I mean anything is related to anything else i went and searched for some theory on dreams. What it said was that, when we sleep, our brain is more active than what it is when we are awake and because our body doesn't send it many signals, it just tries to relate everything that got registered in our sub-concious (generally recent events) . It made sense.
But there are things which i thought are even more strange. Sometimes, when i am in a particular place or rather situation, i get the sudden strong feeling that i had dreamt abt this. It happens so very often.
Is there a way to know if i really dreamt abt it? I dunno. May be a day will come when we can record our dreams (i remember seeing this in some futuristic movie..i forgot the name).
But for now, i can just hope that the dream i saw last nite should not come true. Atleast the sad part should not .. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home